What is it?
Bel Lavi Medical Aesthetics offers two types of peels.
The VI Peel has five uniquely formulated VI Peel treatments designed to lift pigment, remove sun damage, alleviate acne and scaring and fight fine lines and wrinkles. All our painless medium-depth VI Peels are safe for all skin types and tones with results in as little as 7 days. The VI Peel is a unique blend of 5 acids designed to target multiple conditions using: retinoic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, phenol, and ascorbic acid. Research data showed that 95% of patients saw a reduction in acne, 90% saw a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, 97% experienced a reduction in pigmentation and 94% said their skin looked radiant and improved. These peels have been proven to accelerate the results from injectables, lasers, microneedling, PRF and other treatment combinations.
What to expect?
For some peels, minor peeling/flaking can be expect 2-4 days post peel application. For our medium-depth peels, patients will likely experience peeling off the skin for up to 7 days.
- Avoid sun exposure prior to treatment. Sunburned skin cannot be treated.
- Do not bleach, wax, tweeze or use depilatory creams in treatment area for 3 days prior to treatment.
- No IPL or laser hair removal 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue use of retinoid (Retin A, Tazorac, Differin, etc) and Hydroquinone products 3 days prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of 10% or higher Alpha Hydroxyl Acids, Glycolic Acids, and exfoliants 3 days prior to peel.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex, advise office so you may begin prophylactic antiviral therapy the day before treatment.
- Schedule your treatment at a time when minor swelling or peeling will not disrupt your social obligations.
- Approximately 48 hours after the treatment your skin *may* begin to peel. This peeling will generally last 2-7 days. DO NOT PICK OR PULL THE SKIN!
- For optimum results, the skin should be kept well hydrated at all times. Use a mild moisturiser/sunscreen with an SPF of at least 20.
- Avoid direct sunlight for at least 4 weeks post-treatment and use SPF 50 sunscreen preferably when in the sun or outdoors even for short time periods.
- Patients with hypersensitivity to the sun should take extra precautions to guard against exposure immediately following the procedure as they may be more sensitive following the peel.
- Please be aware your skin may be more red than usual for 2-3 days which is perfectly normal.
- Please avoid strenuous exercise during this time.
- When washing your face, do not scrub. Use a gentle or mild skin cleanser, preferably one not containing soap.
- Apply a light moisturiser as often as needed to relieve the dryness or tightness of the skin that may be experienced.
- Do not have another facial treatment for at least one week after your peel.
- You may resume the regular use of Retin-A, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) or beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) products or bleaching creams ONLY after the peeling process is complete.